Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mothers Day to Me! (and To You Too, Of Course!)

BY Unknown IN , , , , , , , , , 1 comment

Happy Mothers Day to Me! (and To You Too, Of Course!)

Happy Mothers Day! I hope you and your Mothers are having a fantastic day, and you are feeling loved and appreciated! I have no idea, what my family has in store for me (I am writing this on Saturday )however, I bought myself something to show myself, my appreciation for all I do as a mother! (I am a bit self absorbed, but hey, as a mommy you need to take time to love yourself!)

Recently I read an article on Daily Mail that the average UK woman owns about 16 bras (and only bothers to wash them 6 times a year, but that is an entirely different story!) As I read the article, I looked woefully at my own lingerie drawer. As embarrassed as I am to admit it, I only have 10 and they are in various stages of decay. My bra collection is pitiful, not because I don't love intimates and Victoria's Secret..it's because I have reached the point in my life, where my responsibilities seriously effect my lingerie budget.

On the Latin Divas of Comedy, Sara Contreras vividly explains what happens to your bras when you have children. See video, the joke starts around 1:20 (some foul language, so if you're sensitive-don't watch it!)






While I would like to say I do not relate to the grunt method of bra removal...unfortunately I do. So as a treat to myself, I bought 3 bras from Bare Necessities (online).  Three bras for $76.  Again, given the amount of time it has been since I've last bought a bra, the price was not so friendly.  However, after a little comparison shopping I realized $76 is the going rate. 


BareNecessities.com



The first bra I bought was the Olga: Silky Smooth Full Figure Underwire Bra.  This is by far my favorite bra out of the bunch.  Besides being slightly sexy, it is smooth (great for under tees, extremely comfortable, and offers excellent back and shoulder support.  From the Bare Necessities website:

Olga offers soft and comfortable bras and panties for everyday. Discover elegant styles that are designed to contour to your body for a great fit. Complete your intimate wardrobe with Olga lingerie.
  • Style #35090
  • Seamless, molded underwire bra
  • Sheer, stretch nylon
  • Close-set straps stay in place
  • No-poke underwire
  • Super soft straps adjust in back
  • Improved hook and eye do not irritate or dig-in
  • 3 column, 3 row hook and eye back closure
  • Designed to fit and flatter fuller figures 

The second bra is Olga: Luxury Lift Minimizer Underwire Bra. While I do like this bra and it's made well, I don't like the fact that it's a minimizer.  I am a C cup and I rather like my breasts.  Furthermore, I would like my boobs to stick out further than my gut.  I really do.  However, the bra is well made (extremely) and I do like the lace detailing.  From the web site:

Olga offers soft and comfortable bras and panties for everyday. Discover elegant styles that are designed to contour to your body for a great fit. Complete your intimate wardrobe with Olga lingerie.
  • Style #35963
  • Seamless minimizer, underwire bra
  • Stretch nylon
  • Soft, lined cups add ultimate comfort
  • Designed to provide a flattering lift
  • Pretty lace detail on cups
  • Close-set straps won't fall off shoulders
  • Tagless for comfort
  • Back adjustable stretch straps
  • Cushion hook and eye won't dig in
  • 3 column, 3 row hook and eye back closure
The third bra is Bali: Live It Up Underwire Bra  This bra is extremely, extremely comfortable and offers padding in the shoulders for extra comfort. Material has a satiny feel and is breathable.  From the web site:
Bali’s Live It Up Bra has ultrasonic (no stitch) construction inside the cup.
  • Style #3353
  • Unlined, underwire, molded cups
  • Ultrasonic (no stitch) construction inside cups
  • Non stretch center gore
  • Stretch back wings
  • Comfort straps to gently cushion the shoulder
  • Front straps non-adjustable, back straps adjust
  • 3 column, 2 row hook and eye back closure
I am pleased with my Mothers Day purchases!  I think I am going to splurge on a Victoria's Secret shopping spree in the coming months so when I open my lingerie drawer my reaction will be more ooh la la instead of what the?!

If you need to step your lingerie game up-visit Bare Necessities and enjoy free shipping and free returns!

BareNecessities.com

1 comment:

  1. ewww at the bra washing statistic! But I may be guilty of not washing the 'fancy bras' every time I wear it! But this stat is really disturbing..LOL! Hope you had a wonderful mother's day!
    -Jyoti
    Style-Delights Blog

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Feel free to say hi!