Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Dermesse and the Vitamin C Miracle for Your Skin

BY Unknown IN , , , , , , , , , , , , , 6 comments

Dermesse and the Vitamin C Miracle for Your Skin



Our culture is obsessed with youth and judging solely on the ads I am bombarded with daily, your 20's is the best time of your life. These ads seemingly suggest once you hit 30 you might as well jump off of a bridge.  "It's all downhill from here!", they scream. As a person who has just entered my 30's *coughs* I beg to differ.  Yes, I had a funky good time in my 20's, however, I am much more comfortable in my skin now.  I know what I want, I know what I don't want, and really I could care less what other people think.  In your 30's you feel more vivacious and confident (at least I do).  I, personally, am enjoying the heck out of thirty. 

With that said, I don't want to look 30. (Smile.)  Actually looking 30 isn't such a bad thing, just take a look a these beauties in all age ranges I blogged about here.  Yet, I want to look my best at any age!  Enter the wonderful folks at Dermesse and their Vitamin C Serum!  I was recently asked to review the Vitamin C Serum (10%) and I salivated at the opportunity.



From the Dermesse website: "Dermesse offers prescription strength and non-prescription strength skin care products online. Previously Dermesse was only available through your local dermatologist's office or plastic surgeon's office. Dermesse has changed all that by partnering with PCM Skin Care, LLC to distribute its products on the internet by facilitating an online medical consultation whenever necessary.

Simply order the products you want by going to www.dermesse.com, and completing the online medical assessment. If we require any additional information, we will contact you. Otherwise expect your order to be delivered to you within 48 hours."  How awesome is that?!  Prescription strength skincare to your door!

Back to the serum!  (Sorry. I write like I speak and I am giddy about this product)  If you don't know Vitamin C is critical for your body and plays an important role in maintaining healthy, resilient skin.  From everyone's beloved doctor, Dr. Oz : "While young skin is full of vitamin C, aging skin naturally loses this nutrient over time. Other factors like exposure to UV light, pollutants and cigarette smoke compound the decline of vitamin C, contributing to signs of aging. The good news is that you can fight back by replenishing your skin’s vitamin C levels to help to combat and even reverse time’s effect on your face.




Wrinkles
One of the most powerful functions of vitamin C is its role in the production of collagen, a protein that gives your skin its elasticity. As you age, collagen breaks down and wrinkles begin to form. Stabilizing your skin’s levels of vitamin C can help to counteract wrinkle formation by increasing collagen production.
Age Spots
When it comes to treating age spots, you don’t need chemical peels and lasers – it turns out that vitamin C can have almost the same results! Age spots are essentially sun damage, and vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant, shown to reduce the number of sunburned cells as well as reverse age-related damage to skin. While it’s not a replacement for sunscreen, vitamin C protects against and may repair UV damage like discoloration and fine lines.
Your Anti-Aging Rx
Taking vitamin C through a supplement or food is beneficial to your health, but to specifically target signs of aging on your face, topical vitamin C is best. In fact, applying vitamin C to the skin can be 20 times more effective than taking it orally. Topical vitamin C is sold in a wide range of products from serum to lotions. Look for products that contain between 3% and 10% of vitamin C and include the active ingredient ascorbic acid or L-ascorbic acid. Pay extra attention to the packaging – all antioxidants, including vitamin C, are vulnerable to deterioration in the presence of air and light. Unless the product is in an airtight and opaque package, don’t buy it!http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/drop-decade-your-face

Luckily, Dermesse's Vitamin C Serum is packaged just right!  When I was asked to review the serum, I was super excited.  Probably a week prior to receiving the serum, I was staring at myself in the mirror like I do, from time to time, and there it was.  "What is this?!"  I said to no one in particular.  Slight lines across my forehead and around my mouth!  What in the world?!  First off, I have extremely oily skin.  EXTREMELY!  While I suffered in my teens, the benefit of sweating olive oil is, I am not supposed to wrinkle.  AT.  ALL.  But lo and behold here they are, here to betray my age.  I still get ID'ed at the bar, and now these evil little wrinkles are threatening to give me away! 
Forgive the language but it's so true
In my state of panic, I had flashbacks of one of my relatives who never smiled or made any expression, for that matter.  My limited vocabulary can not properly explain the way she held her face.  She...just...held her face...in a certain way.  Relaxed and emotionless.  I always wondered why she kept her face like that and one day my mother let me in on the secret.  She didn't want to get laugh lines.  In my youth I laughed at the notion hysterically, now I am practicing that same face religiously.  Needless to say when the Dermesse Vitamin C Serum arrived, it couldn't have come quick enough.
I have been using it twice a day.  First thing in the morning after I wash my face and at night before bed.  Amazingly enough the frown lines are gone.  I mean absolutely gone and the laugh lines are less pronounced.  The results are terrific!  However, what I have really been loving about Dermesse's Vitamin C Serum is how it fades discoloration. 
In the Dr. Oz article he spoke of Vitamin C fading age spots, however, it fades scars and evens out skin tone.  Dark marks and acne scars that I have been battling for years are now fading!  Lately I haven't been as terrified to step out the house without foundation!  Yes my friends, it is that good.  My skin looks more youthful, my skin tone is evening out, and the wrinkles that threatened the much appreciated ritual of getting ID'ed at the bar, are fading in memory and off of my face!
Seriously, you need to try Dermesse's Vitamin C Serum.  I promise you will thank me for it!  Visit Dermesse for the Vitamin C Serum and check out their line of skin care products here at www.dermesse.com

Happy Beautiful Skin!
PS You can connect with me on:
Instagram: @IHEARTRetailTherapy
Twitter: @HEARTRetail
Pinterest: RetailTherapy1

6 comments:

  1. Love the packaging, though I can't use the droplet packaging properly lol

    Can you review Vain Pursuits? I've started to hear a lot about them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, This really is a wonderful post. We enjoyed the information whole lot. I will bookmark this page. Thanks for showing this important information
    skin care products buy canada

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best ever post for enhancing our beauty and i became regular reader of your blog. Keep useful posting like this. Also try these websites Waxing offer in chennai | full body wax at home

    ReplyDelete
  4. If someone like Julia Roberts or Natalie Portman had a personal blog site where they published photos of their trips or something, would certainly you still take them seriously as stars? Do you assume celebrities with individual blog sites are less credible and also taken less seriously than those who don’t? Furthermore, would you visit their blog sites to see what they are up to?.
    mask for glowing skin Islamabad

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is such a informational blog. Looking for some more similar valuable blogs in upcoming times. Users may also find more information here.
    how to use vitamin c serum and retinol serum
    best skin care product
    Best Method to Use Vitamin C Serum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for such a nice article.It was really helpful.Looking for similar valuable posts in future.
    Users may also check-
    vitamin c serum
    kojic acid

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Feel free to say hi!