Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Hi. My Name is Nicole, and I Am Addicted to Denim

BY Unknown IN , , , , , , , , , , , , , No comments

Hi. My Name is Nicole, and I Am Addicted to Denim

Yes, I am.  I am an addict.  I love jeans!  The signature slice of Americana that since the 1800's has been a staple of every one's wardrobe.  From Levi's to Calvin Klein, from Gap to Banana Republic,  from Jordache  to Guess, from Maurice Malone*to Paper Denim, from Rock N Republic to J Brand, from 7 for all Mankind to Citizens of Humanity, from Evisu to True Religions to the no name brand stretchy Canal Street or Broadway and 27th Ave denim "like" jeans, I have had (and still have) them all.

I have spent outrageous amounts on denim, that I wouldn't be caught dead in the following season.  I have also worn jeans that I should have retired long ago, with rips and frays and stains (I can't believe I admitted that) but just couldn't let them go.  I've worn denim to school, to parties, on vacations, family reunions, on dates, to clubs, to art galleries and to no where in particular.  My addiction to denim has been a long one; through ups a downs, through fashion  nirvana's to fashion faux paus, my denim never left my side (nor my rear).

NoneInstead of joining a 12 step program, I have found a new supplier!  Genetic Denim! (And I love my new dealer!) I know you other fashionistas have known about Genetic Denim for a while and Halle Berry, Jessica Alba, Cindy Crawford and a whole slew of starlets I could care less about have been seen in Genetic Denim.

As most of you know, I am not a big follow the trend person.  I hate following what everyone else is doing!  But these jeans are so haute!





I actually ordered the Cypress in Lilac!  As soon as I get a camera or a decent camera phone, I swear I will take shots!  (Can you suggest any good digital cameras?!  I need help Retail Addicts)

One of the many things to love about this brand is that it doesn't try to fit everyone in the size 00 model.  This brand understands real women have curves! 

From the site: "Every individual holds a specific Genetic Code, body types differ as does fashion influences. Genetic Denim seeks to present each person with the best possible fit for their body, accentuating assets rather than forcing everyone into the same mold. It combines global fashion trends with individuality of fit and wash to tailor denim to your body. With nostalgia for the bohemian yet basic denim styles from the 70’s, Genetic Denim has created a line with life and timeless appeal. Genetic Denim pays homage to the centuries past while remaining modern with its edgy, yet sophisticated and confident, but still carefree silhouettes. 

The core lineup includes Shya- Skinny Cigarette,Shane Faux Front Skinny Cigarette,Cypress- Slim Bell and Liam-Straight Leg Gene, all produced in a variety of washes including the softest denim in the denim market, the Genetic Denim Legging. There isn’t one thing that sets Genetic Denim apart in the marketplace, there are many. Fashion-forward style and underground cool, mixed with fabrics, washes and cuts from around the world ,make Genetic Denim a classic global fashion brand with a touch of new age chic. Genetic Denim isn’t only a fashion brand; it’s a way of life that reflects individual personality and style while seamlessly fitting denim to your body in pure comfort. Genetic is the lifestyle brand of the 21st century"


Anywhoo, the price point starts at around $180, which is a steal for quality denim, without screaming logos, that you can wear next month!

What is your favorite denim?  If you have Genetic Denim show us how you rock it!



*For those of you who don't know Maurice Malone, in the 90's he created an urban brand which I was a fan of!
none

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Feel free to say hi!