Saturday, April 28, 2012

Saturday Shopping Nirvana

BY Unknown IN , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , 1 comment

Saturday Shopping Nirvana

It has been a overcast, rainy day here in the DMV...so...blah.  But I had two great scores today on the cheap!

First, I found CHI Ceramic Nail Lacquer at Harris Teeter (In Falls Church, VA) for .99$.  This nail polish usually retails for about $5!  Apparently, the bottle tops were chipped and scraped up pretty badly so they were instantly discounted.  SCORE!  I bought five colors Ice Queen, Oh Baby Baby, White Russian, Always a Bridesmaid, and Sorbet Addict!  Review coming soon!

What makes this such a delicious score is "this chip resistant lacquer utilizes CHI 44 Ceramic, Silk, and Nano Silver.  CHI 44 Ceramic provides added strength, durability and chip resistance for a long lasting wear formula. Silk provides added shine and ease of application.  Nano Silver kills bacteria and fungus.  CHI Ceramic Nail Lacquer contains no harmful ingredients like formaldehyde, toluene and DBP. " Google it and 90% of the reviews are positive.  I am absolutely ecstatic! 5 for the price of !

My second score was Neutrogena Ageless Intensives Tone Correcting Daily Moisturizer at Safeway (In their 50% off bin + I had a coupon!) for $4.99.  It retails for $18.99.  I swear the gods smiled upon me and blessed me with a frugal shopping day!  Reviews coming soon!

Besides the price what made this such a fabulous find is I am working diligently to get smooth blemish free skin!  I was initially looking for Nadinola Fade Cream -to no avail. (I guess I will have to order it)  When I saw the Neutrogena, I was already familiar with all the positive reviews and wanted to try it.  However, I break out in hives when I have to pay $20 bucks for something you buy at the convenience store.  Really, I do!  I just can not wrap my mind around that.  Take me to a specialty or department store and spending $20 is like water under the bridge...but at CVS or Walgreens?!  I don't think so!

So when I saw it for $5 I snatched the last one they had left and did a 50 yard dash toward the register.  I mean, why tempt fate?  So Retail Addicts, wish me luck on my fabulous skin and nail journey and I will fill you in on the details along the way :)

So when was your last shopping nirvana? 


mark.

1 comment:

  1. Great deals!!! I just found out your blog and following you via GFC! Would you like to follow back? Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style-Delights Blog

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Feel free to say hi!