Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I (HEART) Retail Therapy's Favorite Cheap Mascara

BY Unknown IN , , , , , , , No comments

I (HEART) Retail Therapy's Favorite Cheap Mascara


Ahhh, the most reviewed cosmetic item.  Such a cliche!

Mascara is a cosmetic commonly used to enhance the eyes. It may darken, thicken, lengthen, and/or define the eyelashes.  Ladies, we love our eyes to be enhanced!  Sure, there is eyeliner, eyeshadow, gels, creams, and concealers but no look is complete with out at least (!) a coat of mascara.

I personally love Blinc's tube mascara as well as Givenchy and Lancome's mascaras...but with the price point starting at 20 bucks, sometimes it's not feasible!  I am a mommy, a wife and a"solo-preneur"...meaning my child, husband and business' well being comes before my luxury longings.  However, that doesn't mean I have to look like hell!  It just means I have to scout out cheaper product that will do the trick (fabulously, of course).

Here are my 3 favorite cheap mascaras:

1) Maybelline Great Lash Mascara (come on, that was a given)  It retails for about $4.50 at Walmart and as been a favorite of  soccer moms to make up artists alike (and for years!).  The great little wand grabs all hairs, lengthens, separates and thickens all at once.  What could be better?!

It goes on easily and does what it is supposed to do.  It rarely clumps or flakes and even makes those with sparse eyelashes look full, long and thick.  While this is a superior cheaper mascara it does smudge a bit, so any heavy duty working out or jogging in 80 plus degree heat is not recommended.





2) L'Oreal Bare Naturale Mascara. Remember the advertisements with Penelope Cruz?

Well, I recently picked up 2 mascara tubes (at the Dollar Tree! Score!) and Bare Naturale instantly became one of my favorite mascaras, it doesn't clump or flake and it lengthens, separates and defines.  One disclaimer however, I have long eyelashes and they're pretty thick.  I wouldn't necessarily recommend this eyeshadow to anyone with really thin eyelashes, it doesn't thicken like Blinc's or even Maybelline.  However, it easily washes off, doesn't smudge and makes my eyelashes look fabulous.  I think L'Oreal has changed the name to True Match Mascara but it is in the same tortoise shell tube and I have been assured it is essentially the same formula by a committed user. I believe it retails for around $9 in most stores. (I suggest you run down to the Dollar Tree and stock up!)

3) Wet 'N' Wild Mega Plump Mascara.  Yes, Wet 'N' Wild.  I do not know about you all, but as a teenager I had a lot of Wet 'N' Wild products! Eyeliner, lipstick, lip gloss, and nail polish-I think I am just getting through all of Wet N Wild nail polish! (Hey it was cheap!)  

One day I ran out of the house and forgot to apply mascara-which would have been fine if I did not apply eyeshadow!  I did have on eyeliner, however, my eyelashes were the color of MAC's Copper Sparkle pigment and looked, well... coppery. (Basically non existent against my copper eyelids) I ran to my local CVS and bought the cheapest mascara I could find, hence Wet 'N' Wild.  I expected it to darken (I mean, it was the least it could do) but I did not expect it to lengthen, thicken and separate!  I was truly amazed and was caught more than once staring at my eyelashes in any reflective surface I could find.  I've had it for about two months and it hasn't clumped or flaked on me (like some reviewers have said online) and is still in heavy rotation.  It retails for about $2.99 and is worth every penny. (smile)





LUSH Bath & Body Products

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Feel free to say hi!